MembershipForm, FAQs-Who and How.
Who can apply for membership?
Life Members (LM):
Each applicant for life membership should show a demonstrable interest in Neuropathology evidenced by any one of the following criteria:
- MD/DNB/MS/DM/MCh/PhD in fields of pathology, neurology, neurosurgery, neuroradiology/other fields of medicine with 5 years experience in their respective specialty are eligible for life membership. Those with recognised degrees from abroad can also apply.
- PhD in Neurosciences/ Allied subjects related to Neurosciences with 5 years experience in the respective specialty are eligible for life membership.
Full Members (FM):
Those who have completed –
- MD/DNB/MS/DM/MCh/PhD in fields of pathology, neurology, neurosurgery, neuroradiology/other fields of medicine with <5 years experience in their respective specialty are eligible for life membership. Those with recognised degrees from abroad can also apply.
- PhD in Neurosciences/ Allied subjects related to Neurosciences with <5 years experience in the respective specialty are eligible for full membership.
- They will be eligible to become life members on completion of the requisite period of experience in their respective speciality.
Associate Members (AM):
- Postgraduate students pursuing MD/MS/DNB/MS/MCh in the specialty of Pathology/allied fields of Medicine / Ph.D. related to Neurosciences with special interest in neuropathology.
- Associate Members are eligible to apply for full membership of the society on completion of their postgraduate / Ph.D. program.
What is the Membership fees?
Rs.5500 (includes admission fees of Rs.500)
For NRIs: 200$
New applicant: Rs.1500
For renewal: Rs.1000 per year or Rs.4500 for 3 years.
For NRIs: 100$ per year
New applicant: Rs.1000
For renewal: Rs.1000 per year or Rs.3000 for 3 years.
Payment mode Appropriate amount maybe remitted in cash or as cheque/DD in favour of “Neuropathology Society of India“, payable at Bangalore.
Bank transfer can be made:
Account holder: Neuropathology Society of India
Name of the bank : State Bank of India, NIMHANS branch
Account Number : 64174356939
IFSC Code : SBIN0040675
To submit: Please enclose copy of electronically submitted membership form with DD/Cheque/receipt of electronic transfer and mail to:
Dr. Vani Santosh
Neuropathology Society of India Dept of Neuropathology,
Bangalore 560 029
How do I apply for membership?
What will I require to complete the application?
- One Passport size photograph (Max Size:2MB).
- Scanned copies of academic qualifications (Max Size:5MB).
- Life membership number and email id of those who are proposing and seconding your application.
- Details of the payment of membership fee.
Why Should I become a Member?
- Become a member and help build the Society to achieve its dreams
- Reach out to like minded in the country to share your views, knowledge and research findings.
- Participate in developing consensus guidelines for diagnostic neuropathology applicable to our Country
- Help propel Indian neuropathology onto the International map
- Participate in popularizing neuropathology in the Country through updates, CME, symposia and innovative web based teaching programs
- Membership privileges include reduced registration fee to the annual meeting.
- Membership will provide access to the website for quick and easy access to other members, information about events, recent advances, and access to case discussions.